Why sprout seeds?
Sprouting seeds is about the best thing you can do to improve your health, save money, fight cancer, reduce your carbon footprint and even save time. Yes, sprouting seeds in Gaia \guy hemp sprout bag can do all of this.
The cancer fighting benefits might be enough reason. Broccoli sprouts contain 20 to 50 times the cancer-fighting punch of the mature broccoli plants. Whoa! That's a seriously nutrient dense superfood. are a powerhouse of nutrition.
Sure you can pay a fortune for some plastic clams shell supermarket stores. However, since sprouting your own is so affordable and adorable why would you.
What can I sprout?
- Grains (Bigger grains do better, but the tight weave of the hemp sprouting bag means you can even sprout millet)
- Nuts and Seeds (From almonds, to sunflowers)
- Greens - alfalfa, clover, mustard, radish, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, turnip, kale and just about any of these superfoods you like.
How do you use sprouts?
- Salads love sprouts!
- Sandwiches, wraps, buns, anywhere you need some serious nutrition between the bread.
- Dips and spreads. Just blitz them in and enjoy!
- Grab handful and stuff in your mouth. Yes, it's fun and guilt free to gorge on spouts. You do it with a bag of chips so why not try something you won't regret.
- In a stir-fry, lasagna, soups. A lot better than adding more grains to your dish.
How do you sprout seeds in a hemp bag?
- Soak for 8-12 hours. Put seeds in your Gaia Guy hemp sprouting bag in a jar, bowl so that the seeds are totally submerged.
- Rinse and hang over your sink or a bowl. No direct sun at this stage.
- Rinse or dip in fresh water (for approx. 20 seconds) twice a day. *Hemp nut milk bags are well ventilated so you avoid the mold, but this does mean you may have to rinse more often.
- After 3-5 days your sprouts are ready. If sprouting leafy greens around day 2-3 you may move to location with a bit more light to green them up. Turn your sprout bag inside out and enjoy the harvest!
- Simply rinse it to remove any sprouts left and hang to dry.
Where do I get Gaia Guy Nut Milk Bags?