Finally another DIY from Gaia Guy. Here's a recipe for a natural facial scrub that you can make at home using ingredients from your kitchen:
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the honey, brown sugar, oatmeal, and lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients together until they form a thick paste.
- Gently massage the mixture onto your face, being careful to avoid the eye area.
- Leave the scrub on for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse the scrub off with warm water and pat your face dry.
This natural facial scrub DIY is great for exfoliating and brightening the skin. (You may like Gaia Guy's exfoliating loofah sponges too.) The honey is a natural humectant that helps to moisturize the skin, while the brown sugar and oatmeal act as gentle exfoliants. The lemon juice contains alpha hydroxy acids that help to brighten and even out skin tone. You can use this scrub once or twice a week depending on your skin type.
Note: If you have sensitive skin, you might want to use less sugar or oatmeal as it may be too abrasive. Also, please make sure to patch test before applying on face, as some people might be allergic to certain ingredients.
I like to share these plastic-free tips so we can all see how easy, fun and even cheap going plastic-free can be.