1. Reusable shopping bags – Investing in reusable shopping bags will save you money in the long run as they last longer than single use plastics. Plus, many stores offer discounts for bringing your own bag! However, I have found that I have some many bags around from promotions or companies that give them away that I always have a reusable bag. I can also reuse nut milk bags as produce bags.
2. Bulk bins – Buying food from bulk bins eliminates any packaging waste associated with pre-packaged items like chips or cereal that come wrapped in layers of non recyclable materials like foil and plastics film wrap. Not only does this reduce waste but it also saves money since buying food without packaging tends to cost less per ounce/pound/gram etc. Buy your bamboo and boar bristle toothbrushes in bulk too.
3. BYOB (Bring Your Own Bottle) - Investing a few dollars into a stainless steel water bottle will eliminate all those little bottles of water that often end up getting thrown away after one use anyway; not only saving you some cash on beverages while out and about but also reducing your environmental impact by eliminating unnecessary waste production too! Again, you probably have a glass jar that you can reuse. I have reused wine bottles as my water bottle and as long as you take some precautions you usually don't have any unfortunate breakages.
4. Make your own cleaning products - Making simple household cleaners at home using ingredients such as vinegar, baking soda, lemon juice etc. costs pennies compared to store bought versions which usually contain harsh chemicals AND come packaged with lots of extra non recyclable materials too!
5. Homemade beauty products – Many cosmetics companies package their items with excessive amounts of unrecyclable material making them both wasteful & pricey. Why not try making some homemade beauty remedies instead? You can whip up DIY scrubs, lotions & masks using common kitchen staples like honey & oatmeal for just pennies compared what would otherwise cost much more if purchased at a store! Here is a natural facial scrub DIY.
So there ya have it folks: Going Plastic Free IS easier AND cheaper then most people think so don’t let anyone tell ya different !!