A bit of background on Plastic Free July:
- raise awareness of the problems with single-use disposable plastic
- empower and inspire people to do something about it
- encourage folks to refuse single-use plastic for the month and longer
- certainly refuse the top 4 single use plastic items: plastic bags, water bottles, takeaway coffee cups and straws.
Bamboo toothbrushes are a daily item but after seeing so many wash up on shores it became clear that some step in a biodegradable direction was needed. That's were Gaia Guy bamboo toothbrushes, with charcoal bristles with nylon-4 come in. They are vegan-friendly, recyclable and to some extent research says biodegradable and degradable.
So, if you don't have a local recycling facility for the bristles at least you can feel good that your natural toothbrush will not become a perpetual plastic problem. A bamboo toothbrush will biodegrade and nourish the soil and and microbes.
Those hideous plastic toothbrushes become microplastics that could end up back in the food you eat! A Gaia Guy toothbrushes is priced fairly and lasts as long as the plastic ones as far as brushing goes so give it a try here.
To enter the giveaway all one had to do was visit the gorgeous hippie in disguise Instagram account and look for the photo above, and make sure to:
- Follow @higaiaguy on Instagram
- Follow me @hippieindisguise
- Like and comment on the giveaway photo
- Tag friends in the comments on the Instagram giveaway photo, separate each friend into a different comment so that it is easier for me to make the ballots 🙂 No limit to the number of friends tagged. Each friend counts for an additional entry.
- Get 5 extra entries: post a photo of yourself, your children, family or friends doing something good for the earth, like planting a tree or doing something in a more sustainable way. Use the hashtag#hippieslovegaiaguy so we can find your entry
- Get 2 extra entries for putting @hippieindisguise and @higaiaguy in your Instagram post
- Bonus entry if you follow Gaia Guy on Facebook
Contest closed Sunday July 31, 2016 at midnight and was worldwide. See you next year or the next one! Follow me on Instagram and you'll see :)
Thank you all for participating!